We have thousands of pumpkins waiting for a new home in Kamloops. With crisp, blue skies overhead, yellow cottonwood leaves ticking in high branches and great orange gourds waiting ripe in the fields, autumn is the time to make some memories at our 6 acres of pumpkin patch. At Sunset Valley Farms, you’ll enjoy the authentic, old-fashioned tradition of choosing your favorite pumpkin and harvesting it straight from the vine — we’ll even provide the shears! Our genuine farm experience offers more family fun than wandering through a lot full of pre-cut pumpkins.
You wouldn’t want that perfect pumpkin to be lonely on the porch, would you? Never fear: We’ve got cornstalks, crisp straw bales, and colorful gourds to keep it company.
Dust on their shoes and smiles on their faces after finding that just-right pumpkin and becoming deliciously lost in a corn maze, your kids may not be ready to head home.
For one last taste of autumn fun, they can hop around our hay bale maze — great for little ones — or jump in the bouncy castles or go for a pony ride before the snow sets in.
You won’t want to forget your camera!
Pumpkin Fun Facts!!
- Pumpkins are 90% water.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites.
- Native Americans used pumpkin seeds for food and medicine.
- Pumpkins are used to make soups, pies and breads.
- Pumpkin Flowers are edible.
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over 5 feet in diameter and weighed over 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, 144 eggs and took 6 hours to bake.